Far simpler than the rules for operational pilots are the rules of AIRPOWER22. Above all, no objects may be brought that could be thrown or fired or which could otherwise disturb or endanger the peace, order, and security of the event site.
Special attention is paid to this when checking people and baggage:
Most of it is common sense. To be sure, however, we have summarised the most important points here.
The following may not be taken onto AIRPOWER22:Weapons, ammunition, explosives as well as imitations of the mentioned items (no matter if with or without WBK or weapons license);
- items that can be used as a weapon (in particular knives, poles, sticks, chains, pepper spray, etc.);
- In addition:
- Laser pointers
- Pyrotechnic articles
- Air or party horns
- Parasols and sun loungers
- Drugs and narcotics
- Motorcycle helmets and any object that covers the face may be taken;
(Note: However, they must be taken off at the event site and may not be worn. Except FFP2 masks, which may of course be worn).
- Glass bottles and glasses
- Beach shelters
- Hardshell cooling boxes
- Airworthy aircraft of all kinds (incl. model aircraft, drones, balloons, etc.)
- Information on the restricted area will follow shortly
- Radios and radio remote controls of all kinds
- any commercial, political, or religious items, propaganda material, including banners, flags, signs, symbols, leaflets, or the like:
- Pets or other animals
(Note: Please do not leave animals in vehicles);
- Bicycles, rollers, scooters, skateboards, and the like on the event grounds.
- Hard-shell cold packs (only those that are “soft” after the melting process).
Persons carrying prohibited items will be escorted off the site and barred from entering the venue with these items.
For security reasons, no lockers or other storage devices can be provided.
What is permitted?
- Functional mobile phones;
- Cameras and tripods, film and video cameras with batteries for private use;
- Walkers, wheelchairs, folding chairs, umbrellas;
- Keychains, purse chains;
- Medicines (syringes and glass containers are permitted with medical proof of illness);
- Pocket cigarette lighters
- Plastic bottles and beverage cans
- Cooling bags (soft)
- Folding chairs
(Note: As long as they cannot be set to be fully flat.)
- Headgear/sun protection
(Note: Please ensure your headgear is tight so that it does not, for example, loosen in the wind.)
- Do not carry backpacks or other bulky objects for a day.
- Come to Zeltweg by public transport. Take advantage of the parking facilities in Kraubath and Fisching, from where free shuttles will take you to Zeltweg. You can find more information here!
- Please do not forget to use sunscreen and ensure you stay hydrated throughout the event.
Think about hearing protection, especially for children! Flight events are noisy. Think about hearing protection, especially for children! Flight events are noisy. We strongly recommend the use of hearing protection. You can buy ear plugs at the AIRPOWER22 site.
Always pay attention to loudspeaker announcements and notice boards. Security personnel instructions must be fully followed.
Please note that all legal and official regulations and ordinances apply and must be complied with.
If everyone follows the rules, AIRPOWER22 is sure to be a celebration for all involved.
Please help by informing security staff* immediately if
- you notice something disturbing,
- seems a little strange to you,
- could affect the security of the event.
(*) these include military guards, military police, police, fire brigade, and medical centres.
We ask for your understanding that access to AIRPOWER22 with prohibited items, or when the area is overcrowded, is not possible for security reasons.
The list of prohibited items is regularly reviewed and expanded. Therefore, please visit this page again for the latest information before the event. (Status: 08 August 2022)