In 2022 the Austrian Federal Armed Forces, together with the Province of Styria and Red Bull, are hosting AIRPOWER22 at the Hinterstoisser military airfield in Zeltweg on Friday, 2nd September and Saturday, 3rd September 2022.
AIRPOWER22 will be free of charge for visitors.
AIRPOWER22 has been conceived as an event for the whole family, showcasing some 200 civil and military aircraft from around 20 countries. Among the aircraft on display will be 50 Austrian Armed Forces aircraft and the historic Flying Bulls squadron.
AIRPOWER22 will take place on 2nd and 3rd, 2022 from 9am to 5pm at Hinterstoisser military airfield in Zeltweg, Styria. Admission begins at 7am. The site closes at 7pm.
Around 300,000 spectators (max. 150,000 per day) are expected. In addition, 300 accredited journalists and 1,000 spotters are expected.
Figures at a glance
• 200 civil and military aircraft from 20 nations
• 50 Austrian Armed Forces aircraft
• 300,000 spectators
• 300 accredited journalists
• 1,000 spotters (note: spotter accreditation will be available in spring 2022)
• 6.500 staff
• over 50 doctors and 300 paramedics