The T-6 is a single-engine military training aircraft from North American Aviation. It was built in 1938.
The “Miss Goosebay” model was built at Dallas Texas in the spring of 1943 as the AT-6C-NT with the s/n 42-43899. The aircraft was put into service by the USAF on 3 May 1943 and used until 1948 by training units. The aircraft returned to the manufacturer North American Aviation in May 1951.
As part of a modernization program, all systems, such as the fuel and hydraulic systems, were upgraded to the level of a “G” model and the machine was given the type designation T-6G-NF. After only 14 days the aircraft – now s/n 49-3357 – was returned to the USAF. It remained in service until 1957.
The excellent complete restoration from 1994 to 1997 by the company “Pacific Fighters” in Idaho Falls, was recognized by a first prize at the Air Venture in Oshkosch in 1997.
After the transfer, “Miss Goosebay” was stationed in southern Germany and flew regularly from Tannheim EDMT airfield to events all over Europe.
Today, the top restored T-6 takes off from UFO AIRBay*s base in Hangar ONE at Bayreuth EDQD Airport and can also be viewed there or booked for sightseeing flights, airshows, filming and photo shoots.
At AIRPOWER22, the “Miss Goosebay” can be seen in static display.