Interested in a career as a pilot?
The Federal Armed Forces can make the dream of flying a reality. Find out what requirements you have to meet and get a taste of the admission process.
The Federal Armed Forces is always looking for motivated and talented pilots. Can you imagine taking responsibility and flying a helicopter, a transporter, or a jet? We have summarised the key points that you need to meet for training. The exact requirements are detailed on the official Federal Armed Forces website.
You must meet these requirements:
- You have completed compulsory schooling. If you want to fly a Eurofighter, you also need to have completed your school-leaving certificate (Reifeprüfung).
- • You have achieved a rating of at least 7 in your medical examination.
- Height: above 1.90m is seen critically and the maximum height is 1.92m. Minimum height 1.64m
- Weight: Weight above 100kg is viewed critically
- Eyesight: to within + – five dioptres before correction (be it short-sighted or long-sighted)
You can also contact us directly:
Colonel Mag. Josef Pargger
Federal Armed Forces Personnel Office
Amtsgebäude Feldmarschall Conrad
Tel.: 050201/6026402 or 0664/6221271
Lieutenant Colonel Mag. Adolf Bachler
Tel.: 050201/6026403 or 0664/6222710
This page is also available in: Deutsch